September 9, 2017 9:17 pm
Prep Time: 30 Min Cook time: 60 Min
- For Marination:
- For Gravy:
- Cut and wash the chicken and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix table cream, garlic, ginger, salt, curry powder, paprika powder, black pepper, coriander powder, chili paste, and crushed red chili and add chicken pieces and mix again. Cover the marinated chicken with a plastic or airtight container, and refrigerate over night.
- The next day, cook the marinated chicken in the two tablespoonfuls of canola oil and make sure to keep stirring for the first 5-8 minutes to avoid burning.
- Then cover the pot with the lid and cook on low-medium heat and stir in between until the chicken is tender.
- When the chicken is soft and dry, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a pan add melted ghee and cook dry red chili, garlic, ginger, curry leaves and onion until onion is lightly brown.
- When the onion is lightly brown, remove the red chilies and add tomatoes, carrots, cilantro stems, cashew nuts, and salt.
- Then, cook the tomato on medium heat for some time. When tomatoes and carrots are soft, remove the pot from heat and pour the tomatoes mixture with one and a half cups of water to a food processor bowl. Blend well the mixture to become soft and smooth.
- Transfer the smooth mixture back to the pot and add the table cream, plain yogurt, chicken curry Masala, Paprika, cayenne, coriander powder, and cook it again for some other time.
- Now, add the cooked chicken and the red chilies and mix it well with the gravy.
- Cover the pot with the lid and cook the chicken malai curry on low- medium heat for 20-30 minutes or until oil separates on the edges.
- Final touch, sprinkle some chopped coriander and serve.