May 27, 2013 10:12 am
Prep Time: 5 Min Cook time: 10 Min
- Curd or chakka1/2 cup
- Garlic3 cloves
- Black pepper1/4 Teaspoon
- Turmeric1/4 Teaspoon
- Tomato2 chopped
- Onion2 finely chopped
- Oil3 Tablespoons
- SaltTo Taste
- Water3/4 cup
- Curd or Chakka Recipe Here.
- Heat oil and fry sliced onions till the edges get brown. Keep a tablespoonful of fried onions aside.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook till its fine and soft with onions. Remove from heat, blend the tomato & onions using pestle & mortar, transfer back to the pan.
- Paste the garlic & chillies with little salt using pestle & mortar, add the paste to the curd and mix, add the water and whisk well.
- Add the curd mixture along with turmeric and black pepper to the tomato mixture and cook it on medium heat for a minute, keep stirring and taking care not over cook it.
- Serve the Qoruti topped with fried onions and bread.